Respondus LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor are virtual exam integrity tools available for tests given in UNM Canvas (provided at no additional charge for students or faculty). LockDown Browser is a custom browser that students install on their own computers that locks down the testing environment within UNM Canvas. Monitor is a video monitoring tool which uses the student’s webcam and microphone to record their actions and environment during an exam, test or quiz.
How Respondus LockDown Browser Works:
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Printing and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
How Respondus Monitor Works:
- Students use a webcam to record themselves during an online exam. Afterward, flagged events and proctoring results are available to the instructor for further review.
Download Respondus LDB & Monitor: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=356714141
Relevant Documentation (Instructor)
Relevant Documentation (Student)